in this brief blog post I want show you how replace the Windows notepad.
Ok, let's go.
First you must download Notepad++ ( of course :P ) from this link. Then install it.
Once you have installed Notepad++:
- open regedit and browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options key;
- Create a subkey a this location named 'notepad.exe';
- Then create a String value named 'Debugger';
- Download from here the npp.vbs VBScript and place it where you want ( i.e. C:\Program Files\Notepad++\ )
- Now edit Debugger key value by inserting the follow string: ' wscript.exe "C:\Program Files\Notepad++\npp.vbs" ' [ You must change the path with your own ];
- Create a new text file on your desktop and double click on it to open.
If it's all OK the file should open with Notepad++.
See you in the next post. Bye... =)